STRAWBERRY OATMEAL BARS — A simple, yet tasty treat to keep your heart happy.
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
Prep: 10 min
Inactive: 30 min
Cook: 40 min
Yield: 24 servings
Calories per serving: 177
1 3/4 sticks salted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for greasing pan
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
One 10 to 12-ounce jar strawberry preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 9-by-13-inch rectangular pan.
- Mix together the butter, flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Press half the oat mixture into the prepared pan.
- Spread with the strawberry preserves.
- Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat lightly.
- Bake until light brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool completely, and then cut into squares.
(Source: Ree Drummond, Food Network)